The workshop fits in the context of the teaching activities of EMbeDS on statistics, computing, and AI.
Luca Malinverno, Data Scientist at PORINI SRL, obtained a PhD in Particle Physics and then moved to Porini. He coordinates the scientific and innovation initiatives of the Porini Innovation & Research Center for Data Science (PIRC). He is the representative of Porini SRL in BDVA, a PPP with the European Commission under Horizon Europe. In addition to R&D, he teaches as a Microsoft Certified Trainer with a focus on Machine Learning, AI and advanced analytics based on cloud architectures.
Course Outline And Duration
The course consists of 2 modules:
- Module 1 (2 hours): Introduction to Azure Machine Learning Workspace. This Module will introduce participants to key AzureML features such as notebooks, and autoML tools. Practical aspects will involve training various Machine Learning models and their deployment in a production environment.
- Module 2 (2 hours): Artificial Intelligence using Cognitive services. This Module will take participants through accessing Microsoft Cognitive Services to analyze text, images, sound, and time series anomalies through pre-trained neural network models. The framework will be applied to case studies such as sentiment analysis and information extraction from unstructured text.
Duration: 4 hours
- Free Microsoft Account for Students on Azure
- Basic proficiency in reading, writing, and understanding English
- Knowledge of basic Machine Learning models
- These can be obtained, e.g., by attending the EMbeDS courses mentioned above, or other machine learning courses offered by the School
Join us for this event on Friday, April 1 from 2:00-6:00 pm.
- The workshop will be held remotely. Click here to register.
- The URL of the event will be sent to you by email. Attendance is free
Who Should Attend
Students and Researchers