First Level Master's Diploma
Human Rights and Conflict Management
Internship and placement
The Master in Human Rights and Conflict Management is committed to helping its students and alumni build successful careers and to providing them with valuable employment contacts world-wide.
The internship aims at supplementing the in-class training with a relevant hand-on experience. Students are required to complete at least a 3 months internship with a renowned organization working in the areas of human rights protection/promotion, conflict prevention/resolution, humanitarian assistance or development, either in the field or at Headquarters.
By the end of the residential phase of the Master Program, every participant, together with the Master’s Secretarial Staff and the host Institution will agree upon the place, period and theme of the project to be carried out during the internship. This agreement is subordinated to the student’s fulfilling the administrative and academic obligations outlined in the Master’s Rules and Regulations. Although the Master’s Secretarial Staff will provide assistance in finding placements, an active collaboration by the students is required. The internship is meant to be a fundamental part of the professionalizing experience offered by our Master. Therefore, students will be encouraged to arrange their internship as much autonomously as possible, based on their personal interests, skills and preferences. To this effect, special career coaching sessions focusing on presentation skills will be provided.
- Our students and alumni are offered the following services:
- Career counselling: group and individual appointments with a career counsellor, focusing on personal expectations, interests, skills, weaknesses, and professional goals;
- Specific training initiatives regarding access to the international careers sector and techniques of self-promotion (such as CV and Cover Letter Writing, interview technique, personal communication skills…);
- Student interaction with International Organisations/ NGO’s by virtue of the presence of members of said organisations in the teaching staff;
- Internships: our students are provided with individual advisory service to help them choose the most suitable internship for them, and where needed they are assisted in taking contacts with the organizations;
- Job Search Assistance: Alumni are assisted in their job search through participation in on-campus interviewing, the resume referral, networking contacts;
- Regular Information Service regarding personnel recruitment by the largest International Organisations and NGO’s in this sector.
Information for NGO’s and IGO’s
We are constantly seeking new organisations interested in starting a collaboration with our University. If your organisation is interested in hosting an intern from our Master Programme, please contact the Master’s Office at email@example.com.