The Ph.D. program of national interest in Robotics and Intelligent Machines (DRIM) offers a unifying cultural project to enhance the skills and competencies in Robotics and Intelligent Machines distributed throughout the country, create fertile synergies between disciplines, universities, research institutions, and companies, and consolidate the excellent Italian positioning on the international scene.
The specific objectives of the DRIM Doctorate are:
- To propose curricula of studies and research topics of scientific relevance and impact at an international level, in the particularly fertile research fields at the intersection of different disciplines;
- To pursue a constant and close connection with companies whose innovation problems will inspire research;
- To offer students the opportunity to carry out training and research activities by choosing supervisors and teachers among the best Italian experts;
- To encourage the mobility of doctoral students between DRIM host institutions, with extended mobility periods at other universities, research institutions, and companies;
- To allow students to adapt the duration of their studies according to their specific training and research needs to produce a doctoral thesis in line with the best international standards;
The research topics that the candidates can choose for admission to the Ph.D. program are organized into six curricula:
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines in hostile and unstructured environments
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines for Industry 4.0
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines for inspection and maintenance of infrastructures
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines for agrifood
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines for healthcare and wellness of persons
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines for mobility and autonomous vehicles
Curricula share a wide range of enabling technologies.
For further information and application, please visit: https://drim.i-rim.it/en/
For the academic year 2022/2023, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna will offer four (4) PhD Scholarships within the DRIM Ph.D. program.