- Deadline for application submission 16.03.2018
NOTICE : Articles 5, 6, 8, 12 Call modified - NEW DEADLINES
- NEW CALL DEADLINE - the new deadline, which ONLY regards “Programme-country” applicants of the Erasmus Mundus international path, is: 16 March 2018 (12 pm CET - noon)
- NEW QUALIFICATION DEADLINE - this regards ONLY the “Programme-country” applicants - applicants must gain the required qualifications (Bachelor’s degree, corresponding to at least 180 ECTS, in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific areas, which will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the Selection Committees) by the deadline: 30 July 2018
The Photonic Integrated Circuits, Sensors and NETworks (PIXNET) Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree is a two-year programme (120 ECTS) aimed at training talented students in the design, creation and assessment of innovative integrated devices based on photonic technologies. The set of learning outcomes include the theoretical design of system/network devices, the design and simulation of a photonic integrated circuit, fabrication in a clean room facility and the packaging and final testing of the prototypes.
PIXNET intends to be an interdisciplinary, multi-national initiative, training young telecommunication and electrical engineers to investigate the adoption of Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) as the central element in the evolution of information and communication devices (e.g. Data Centers, mobile terminals, etc.).
PIXNET exploits a significant complementarity of the expertise of the Consortium partners through well defined mobility paths bringing practical and specific competences to the perspective students. Partners in the PIXNET programme are:
- Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Pisa, Italy), Coordinator
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Aston University (Birmingham, UK)
- Osaka University (Japan)
All partners have strong expertise in optical communication theory and techniques and extensive system and network experimental facilities. Three of them have fabrication facilities for photonic integrated circuits and networks for device prototyping.
All Applicants must enter their application exclusively on-line, choosing the relevant category under which to apply, as listed below. Please check your category in the Call for application 2018/19 and the Scholarship section:
Erasmus Mundus Programme-country candidates deadline 16th March 2018 (12 pm CET - noon)
Students from the 28 EU Member States students (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) or from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey or The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Third-country students who have been resident in, or carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) in, any of these aforementioned countries for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years.
Erasmus Mundus Partner-country candidates (deadline 28th February 2018)
Students coming from any country of the world other than those covered by the Programme-country specification defined above.
Erasmus Mundus Programme and Partner-country candidates without scholarship deadline 4th April 2018 (12 pm CET - noon)
Programme and Partner-country students not requesting an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Local Path deadline 4th April 2018 (12 pm CET - noon)
Programme and Partner-country students applying for a University Master's to be completed exclusively at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - http://pixnet.santannapisa.it/programme/local-path-at-scuola-santanna/
Please before applying read carefully the Admission Criteria section in order to verify your eligibility for the PIXNET Masters.
Applicants must first make a choice regarding one or more of the types of application they want to pursue: PIXNET local path, PIXNET EMJMD without scholarship, PIXNET EMJD with scholarship. Please note that different deadlines applies.
In the application candidates should provide the following information:
- surname; forename; place/country and date of birth; citizenship(s) ; gender; marital status; disabilities;
- permanent address and mail address (if different), where applicants wish to receive paper communications concerning the application; phone, e-mail and skype contacts;
- University career: academic title, degree-award date, university and final score, academic year of beginning of BSc’s studies, standard duration of courses, average score of exams taken;
- level of knowledge of the English language and other foreign languages;
- preference order of the six possible mobility paths (curricula);
- request for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship and corresponding category (Programme Country, Partner Country, ENI South, ASIA LDC Countries, Asia Remaining Countries, Latin America – LMI Countries, Latin America – Brazil and Mexico, Latin America remaining countries, according to the European Commission criteria, and declaration from the candidate that the relevant eligibility criteria are fulfilled ;
- declaration of knowledge of selection criteria, procedure and timetable;
- commitment to notify any change of address or e-mail contact to the Master’s Secretariat;
- declaration on EMJMD number of applications threshold (applicants declare their awareness that for a given academic year the number of applications for an EMJMD scholarship to any of the Erasmus + courses must be limited to maximum three different joint programmes).
Applicants must include in the application (all materials must be in Adobe pdf format and must use the file-name nomenclature shown):
- Cv_Surname_Name.pdf: signed curriculum vitae in English (European format - https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/it/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions) covering the educational background, cultural and professional experience and all other information that might help in the evaluation of the candidate;
- Residence_Surname_Name.pdf: (e.g. residence certificate in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules; or certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training. Valid documents for such certification are listed at http://www.consilium.europa.eu/prado/en/search-by-document-country.html). Documents provided must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of the application;
- Certificate_Surname_Name.pdf: certified copy of Degree Certificate translated in English;
- Transcripts_Surname_Name.pdf: certified academic records and transcripts, reporting the final grade and grades earned in individual exams, translated in English;
- Motivation_Surname_Name.pdf: motivation letter;
- Passport_Surname_Name.pdf: copy of main page(s) of passport for proof of nationality;
- Other_Surname_Name.pdf: any other useful documentation for the assessment;
- References_Surname_Name.pdf: two reference letters or Testimonial of Experience (i.e. internship certificates, training attestations; supervisor's e-mail testimony in PDF format; etc…);
- English_Surname_name.pdf: English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge or other official certificates).
Applications with missing information will not be considered valid.
Please read carefully the official Call for Application 2018-2019 (LINK under construction) for details on student selection process and scholarship awarding.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONS VISIT http://pixnet.santannapisa.it
 Candidates with multiple nationality must decide at application stage under which nationality they apply.
 Nationality and residence, 12-month residence rule (see following note), non EMMC (Erasmus Mundus – Action 1) and/or EMJMD scholarship holder previously etc.