Nicola Vitiello is Associate Professor with The BioRobotics Institute (Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, SSSA, Pisa, Italy) where he leads the Wearable Robotics Laboratory. He is co-author of more than 80 ISI/Scopus papers and co-inventor of more than 20 patents/patent applications. He served as the Scientific Secretary of the EU FP7 CA-RoboCom project, and he was the scientific coordinator of the EU FP7 CYBERLEGs project. Currently he is the scientific coordinator of the H2020-ICT-CYBERLEGs Plus Plus project, the national project MOTU funded by INAIL and is partner of the H2020-ICT-REHYB and H2020-ICT-CONBOTS projects. He is co-founder, director and advisor of IUVO Srl, a spin-off company of SSSA.
Owner of the courses:
- Module “Exoskeletons” within the course named “Wearable robotics” (60 hours) for students of the MSc programme in Bionics Engineering, a dual degree by Università di Pisa and Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (6 CFU) – since 2019, Dr. Simona Crea is co-owner of the course and responsible for 20 hours of teaching;
- “Graphical Programming for measurement, test and control systems in wearable robotics” (30 hours), for students of the PhD programma in BioRobotics of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (3 CFU);
- “Sensors and Actuators” (30 hours), for Alumni of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (3 CFU).
- April 8, 2020 – Le Innovation Stories di Industrie 4.0: Gellify e lo straordinario legame Comau-Iuvo, Industrie Quattropuntozero: https://www.industriequattropuntozero.it/2020/03/25/le-innovation-stories-di-industrie-4-0-gellify-e-lo-straordinario-legame-comau-iuvo/
- May 17, 2019 – <<Vecchi sarete voi>> Lo scheletro robot del Sant’Anna cancella la terza età, Il Tirreno: https://iltirreno.gelocal.it/regione/toscana/2019/05/17/news/vecchi-sarete-voi-lo-scheletro-robot-del-sant-anna-cancella-la-terza-eta-1.32644607
- March 20, 2019 – Blog post on the EU Commission web site “The CYBERLEGs Plus Plus project: robotics making life easier for amputees”: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/blogposts/cyberlegs-plus-plus-project-robotics-making-life-easier-amputees
- March 18, 2019 – Video about the H2020 CYBERLEGs Plus Plus project, Euronews:
- July 26, 2018 – Pc, telecamere e robot ai piedi. Napoli nel futuro - Il professor Vitiello, ingegnere di BioRobotica ha condotto test innovativi a Dimaro, La Gazzetta dello Sport: https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Napoli/26-07-2018/pc-telecamere-robot-napoli-dimaro-diawara-vitiello-280919747488.shtml
- November 21-22, 2017 – Interview, SmartCity, Radio 24:
- December 14, 2015 – Interview, Petrolio, RAI1: http://www.santannapisa.it/it/multimedia/rai-1-sfide-della-robotica-indossabile
- December 17, 2014 – Tornare a camminare con le protesi robot, Avvenire: http://www.avvenire.it/ScienzaeTecnologia/Pagine/tornare-a-camminare-con-le-protesi-robot.aspx
- December 16, 2014 – Cyberlegs, inizia la sperimentazione. E si cercano volontari, La Nazione: http://www.lanazione.it/pisa/sant-anna-cyberlegs-1.496781
- April 24, 2014 – CYBERLEGs, Vice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLz7PAtSfk