International Relations


I am a EU citizen: what I should do?

If you are going to stay in Italy longer than 90 days, you must register at the office Ufficio Anagrafe (Registry Office) of the municipality of Pisa (Comune di Pisa, Piazza XX settembre 1 – Palazzo Gambacorti). This will not imply replacing the residence in your home country.

Documents needed to be registered with the Ufficio Anagrafe:
- Passport or valid ID
- Certificate of attendance issued by the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- Declaration of means of subsistence (not less than 5.983,64 euro for one year). The overall personal situation will also considered.
- Valid health insurance (please see the attachment)

I am a non EU citizen: do I need to apply for a Stay permit?

If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen staying less than 90 days, you are not requested to apply for a Stay Permit.

If I am staying longer than 90 days?

If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen and you wish to study at SSSA for more than 90 days, you must apply for a permit of stay in order to legally stay in Italy. With the VISA issued by the Italian Consulate/Embassy in your country of origin, you must apply within 8 working days, after your arrival in Italy, for your permit of stay.

Procedure to apply for an Italian Stay Permit (PSE)

Please see the attachment

The renewal of the Stay Permit

Please see the attachment