Innovative solutions for companies
Sant'Anna School is able to offer innovative technological development partnerships to small, medium and large companies that aim to create products
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna is able to offer innovative technological development partnerships to small, medium and large companies that aim to create products, guaranteeing:
- a sustainable competitive advantage based on innovation;
- adequate protection and management of intellectual property;
- close synergy in the world of research and the possibility of accessing Regional, National and European calls in which the School is the undisputed leader among the best universities in Italy.
All this is possible at the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna thanks to:
- Heterogeneity of the research staff employed in the multiple research areas of the 7 Institutes (at least 155 professors and researchers) to the many brilliant students and research assistants, as well as to the existence of a strong network with and among the over 85 Spin Off of the School;
- Numerous technical laboratories, and more generally to the infrastructures capable of giving the possibility of creating technological prototypes in a very short time;
- Administrative area dedicated to the Third Mission and its TT Office that deals with managing all issues relating to intellectual property generated at the School (eg: filing and management of industrial property rights, consultancy for the drafting of "Consortium Agreements" in research projects; negotiation and drafting of exploitation licenses and transfers industrial property rights, consultancy for Material Transfer Agreements (MTA) and confidentiality agreements (NDA), IP management in projects and collaborations in general; support for the establishment of new Spin Offs; organization of workshops and seminars on intellectual property issues;
- Long and virtuous experience of cooperation with companies gained in all the different collaborative modalities that can be adopted for universities (research contracts; funding of PhD scholarships; joint laboratories; licensing; collaborative research; project partnerships, etc).
To learn more about our business support activities, you can check out the section 'Knowledge Transfer'