To stimulate, to spur, to enhance
This phase is characterized by a "catalogue" of initiatives and services that each participant, on the basis of their path and the insight gained in the two previous activities, will be able to choose and follow according to their short- and/or long-term needs, expectations and interests.
The proposed activities aim to provide information and highly sought after training elements together with expendable skills. The formats are varied, the methods adopted range from frontal teaching to mock interviews, assessments, offsite activities and field trips; to provide each student with a complete and useful kit to face the delicate phase of research and job placement.
The catalogue of initiatives is organized as follows (the catalogue is under construction so stay tuned!):
- Monday Career Tips - September / October 2021: webinars on various issues of guidance and career counseling scheduled from 3 September to 4 October 2021 time 6-6.30 pm.
- Competence Assessment - July 2021: group based activity aimed to increase awareness, to critically assess personal resources (interests, values, qualities, competences), potential, and the relationship with the world of work, to identify preferred professions and work area, to elaborate an action plan useful for satisfying placement and employability.
- Monday Career Tips - May 2021: webinars on various issues of guidance and career counseling scheduled from 3 to 31 May 2021 time 6-6.30 pm.
- Boost your career: a structured employment orientation path, designed with specific reference to the dynamics that often affect the candidate/company relationship for all professional profiles. It is divided into 3 phases: 1. Definition of the professional objective through the competence assessment, the establishment of the career plan and the revision of the main instruments for the application (CV and letter of presentation). 2. Analysis of soft skills and use of the main web-based tools for job search and self-promotion (LinkedIn, social media). 3. Optimization of communication tools to make the various opportunities for meetings (career days, interviews, networking) effective means of communicating their value.
- In Company tour - Learning from leaders: a project that, starting from the need to create a bridge between the university and the job market, creates qualified opportunities for contact and interaction with the business world and professions in a new way, especially designed for the Placement services targets of the two Schools. Unlike the usual meetings with experts and professionals at universities, in this initiative participants will go on site and meet top managers of excellent organizations to directly compare and draw inspiration from those who successfully and passionately carry out leadership roles through a broad overview of the different working contexts and corporate cultures.
- JOBFair, the first job meeting of the Italian Schools of excellence. The event was established in 2014 as an initiative of the Placement Service of the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, with the aim of creating a link between the academic world and companies to develop talent. On October 21st and 22nd 2020, the 7th edition will go on fully online. Students from all the Italian Schools of excellence will participate (Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, Scuola Normale Superiore, IUSS Pavia, SISSA Trieste and Gran Sasso Science Institute), a unique event with increasingly notable relevance within the national scene of recruitment initiatives. Last year, 51 leading companies participated in numerous sectors, from consulting to the high-tech industry, which met 200 students from the six Schools (students of undergraduate, Master's and PhD programs) carrying out over 950 one-to-one interviews.